Possible exposure. Is it too late for PEP?

I had unprotected sex with another male on October 30. He did not ejaculate inside of me. I know this does not guarantee anything, but I suppose specifics are always best. The next day my friend told me that my sex partner was HIV+. I asked my partner and he said he wasn't. He even sent me pictures of his most recent HIV tests from July in which he tested negative. The results were from a rapid HIV test and I haven't asked about the ELIZA results. We talked a bit right after the incident and he told me he would get tested but still hasn't.

I think about having HIV everyday, vacillating between whether I believe him or not, whether I may or may not have contracted it, why I waited to see a doctor, what will happen with the rest of my life.

A week and three days later (tomorrow), I have an appointment with my doctor in which I plan on asking what my options are.

Is it too late for PEP? How can I get my sex partner to get tested? It would be so much easier to quell my worries.

Unprotected sex does put you at some degree of risk for STDs, including HIV. PEP (post-exposure prophylaxis) should be started as soon as possible after a significant HIV exposure. If more than 72 hours have lapsed since the time of exposure, PEP is no longer recommended.

Your options include encouraging your partner to get HIV tested. If negative, your chances of being infected are very significantly diminished to the rather remote possibility that your partner is still in his window period. In any case you will need an HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark. You can read much more about HIV-transmission risk, HIV-diagnostic tests and PEP in the archives of this forum. Have a look.

PEP aftermath
Question about brief insertive exposure