I have KS and am HIV negative, I now use Panretin Gel

Dr. Robert, I am a 61 y/0 gay male and have KS with HHV-8 and I am HIV negative. I have a lesion on my left foot below my abkle and the MD at a Cancer Center gave me Panretin Gel to use. It sticks out and is abou the size of a nickle. It bleeds and it seems that the gel works but I have only eb using it for about 3 weeks/twice a day. Do you feel that because the tumor is sticking out and raw that it will take longer for the gel to work? I had one other excised and it did heal completely.

Thank you,

Mr.B.

Hello Mr. B.,

Unfortunately without examining you and monitoring the response to the Panretin gel, I really can't provide an answer to your question. I encourage you to follow up with your oncologist. There are a number of effective therapies for non-HIV-related KS, including excision.

Would You Ever Consider Shutting Down This Forum?
Cured or not?