Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

dear doctor, last time writing, please answer me, i will donate!!!!!!!
Nov 9, 2010

before you delete this question, i must tell you that YES i did read whole your answers, i am reading it 2 months now, but still, there was i cause like mine, and you told him to go test, just for psychichal reason... can that be for my case???? you answered a tons of stupid questions, like a guy who thinks he can get hiv from sucking his own cock, than plese say something to me.... I WILL DONATE!!!! i will now write my situation again... i am from croatia, a land where hiv is not really spread....800 of 4,5 milion people... one night i had protected vaginal sex with a girl who after that sad to me that she once took a heroin injection.... from that i was really scared.. she sad that i am not in danger because she did test for all drug disease after that before 2 years, because her mom found out... after that she had three partners, they werent gay or on drugs... what concerne me, is that before i put a condom we were touching our genitalias wihout penetration for a minute or two... i also fingered her, but i didnt have any cuts, i think a hangnail, but i dont know... after three and a half weeks, after three days of hard training in the gym, after whole summer of chilling, one night after training i went out hot in wet tshirt, and stayed on the cold one hour... next day i saw that herpes simplex labialis is goning to be crated, so i thought it was from that girl... i went to measure a temperature, it was 37... (in my town it was really hot theese days). i was in shock....i went to internet to find everything about ARS and went on another training... my temperature didnt fall,i measured it every half an hour, i was in so much stress... in the morning and at night it was 36.6 and during the day it was 37.1-37-2, maksimum to 37.4 in about 18h...temperature lasted 7-8 days, and 5. day of temperature i went to doctor and he said to me i have faringitis.. i went to do my blood picture, it was really bad.. trombocites were 155, ( i took 3 aspirins day before) lymfocites were 1.70, leukocites 7.6... after 3 weeks of that temperature i measured again temperature of 37.3... maybe it is my normal temperature, or it was caused by stress... i also read that stress can affect on my blood count.. i didnt have rush, or diahrea, or throwing up....

1. how are my chances of getting infection on that way??

2. could these simptoms and blood picture be my fantasy or any other disease??

please people, my whole family is upset, i am waiting for three more weeks to get tested after three months.... my stress is.... i really dont know....

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

Your HIV-acquisition risk is essentially nonexistent, assuming the latex condom was used properly and did not fail (break). Frottage (rubbing without penetration) and fingering (assuming the skin on the fingering finger was intact) are not considered to be risk for HIV transmission.

Your symptoms are not worrisome for HIV acute retroviral syndrome (ARS).

Responding to your specific questions:

1. Essentially nonexistent.

2. Yes, absolutely.

I agree you should get a three-month HIV-antibody test primarily for psychological peace of mind.

Stop stressing. Statistically the odds are astronomically in your favor that you did not contract HIV from this sexperience. OK? I look forward to WOO-HOO-ing with you in three weeks!

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

Previous
is negative test at 4 weeks a gd indication
Next
Would You Ever Consider Shutting Down This Forum?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.