occupational risk

Sir, i am a doctor and I was performing plasma ascorbic acid level in diabetes patient's sample (8-10 samples) which I collected 3-4 weeks before the procedure centrifuged and stored. I performed this procedure on 18th June 2009. While performing I could not use the gloves. But I took max care that I will not get in contact with serum. I used pipette with a long tip to transfer serum from one tube to another. Few time i removed the tip of the pipette and attached new tip. But was careful enough to hold only the topmost portion of the tip which was not in contact with serum. I used to dip the tip in distilled water contained in beaker after its use to clean it and take another sample. By mistake I used the same distilled water to rinse the 2-3 test tubes. Again I was careful but few drops of this distilled water fell on my fingers of left hand. After 5 - 10 min I washed my hands. As far as injuries are concerned (cuts, dermatitis and wound), to the best of my knowledge I had no injuries. I play guitar so the skin of my fingers is hard. I am vaccinated to hepatitis b. Since few days I feel that if this poses any risk of HIV then I am in trouble. Even this thought has disturbed me. So how much risk I am having if HIV is considered? Do I need to undertake any test to rule out the same? because i am at such a point of time that its very difficult to undertake such test as i am having final exam in june 2011. plz help me.

Your HIV-acquisition risk is completely nonexistent. Neither worry nor consideration for HIV testing is warranted.

Good luck on your upcoming exams!

occupational exposure..
cd4 and cd4% all went down