Am I safe now?

Hi there, I had sex with a man on july 15 and went to get PEP on july 16 since it was unprotected (never doing that again!), I was prescribed with Kaletra and Combivir two times a day, I think I had good adherence but since I'm no specialist I'm not really sure. Nonetheless I finished my 30 day PEP.

I recently got an HIV antibody test, it was on october 19. It came back negative, does this mean I'm safe now or is the nightmare still not over?

Thanks in advance for answering, I'm planning on donating soon, the work you do for this community is just amazing, you guys are really an example to follow.

Your negative post-PEP HIV-antibody test three months after potential exposure is extremely encouraging, but not yet definitive. The published guidelines recommend one additional test at the six-month mark for a conclusive result. But don't let the next three months continue to be a nightmare. Your statistical odds are now astronomical that you will remain HIV negative. You can read much more about PEP and post-PEP HIV testing in the archives of this forum.

Thank you for your tax-deductible donation to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's urgently needed and very warmly appreciated. In return I'm sending you my good-luck/good-health karma that your conclusive six-month test (from date of potential exposure) will be negative. (I'm quite confident it indeed will be.)

Please Dr Bob please answer my question.
Help! I Screwed Up Dr. Bob...