Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Fingering 1 hour after cutting finger, terrified!!! please Dr Bob heeelp
Nov 8, 2010

Dear Dr. Bob, I am a big fan of your work, I think you bring hope and peace of mind to people all around the world and will certainly make a donation wheter or not I get a response, I have been a silent reader of the forum for a while now.

Anyway, I just had an incident and I am afraid I might have been exposed to HIV. I picked up a prostitute and she performed unprotected oral sex on me, which I don't think it's a high risk activity(?) and then we had protected vaginal intercourse of very short duration to be honest (couple of minutes maximum), now, what is driven me crazy is that I remember fingering her vagina and after we finished I remembered I had cutted my finger (the same one I used with her) just an hour earlier. The cut was small and not very deep, but I did bleed when I had the cut, and then (after the incident) I could see it kinda had a shiny and little red color (again not very big)....so Dr Bob, I am terrified, I don't know why I keep putting myself in this situation, please if you could help me with an answer I would appreciate it so much, I am really in need of help I am going crazy...Thank youuuuuuuuuuuu

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

Relax Max. Your HIV-acquisition risk remains quite low. Protected sex (any orifice) is indeed protected, assuming the latex condom was used properly and did not break. Unprotected insertive oral sex carries only a very slight HIV risk. Your "small and not very deep" cut on your fingering finger would likewise present only a very slight potential risk. We also have no idea if your naughty lady from Shady Lane was even virally enhanced.

I would advise you ratchet down your anxiety levels and get a single HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark. The statistical odds are astronomically in your favor that you did not contract HIV from this sexperience, OK?

Thanks for your tax-deductible donation to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated. In return I'm sending you my good-luck/good-health karma that your definitive three-month HIV test is negative.

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Dr RJF is the man! Just a quick howdy from South Africa!
Next
How do I say "wooo-hooo" in Greek???

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.