Dearest Robert. You're going to love this

You are a saint. Thank you ever so much for being there for everyone and for giving so generously. This site and you are amazing resources.

So...this evening I was at a gay-cruisy establishment and engaged in receptive anal sex. The man who was active/the top asked for a condom and I happily gave him one. He put it on and before insertion I felt his member and it seemed to be properly wrapped and ready to go. He was becoming a bit more aggressive than I liked so I pulled away and ended our fun. It was rather dark but it seemed like all was OK and that the condom was still there and in tact, but I was not studying him or the condom. I did not have the idea that he had ejaculated but I do not know for sure either. My plan was to pull off of him before he ejaculated anyhow, since I like to take as little risk as possible. When I went home and sat on the toilet I passed something that reminded me a lot of sperm. I examined it and it smelled like sperm too. I am hoping that it had something to do with my anticipatory douche mixed with a bit of lube and saliva that was what created the glob of white-teaspoon-amount-of- something that I passed. I have now been obsessing over the tissue that wiped up this glob in question. As I am sure you are getting, I am beginning to freak out. I am turning a lot of assumptions into overwhelming fear. I even had what must sound like a crazy idea, the idea to bring in the soiled tissue and ask a hospital to analyze it for HIV. How I am feeling now, makes me consider running to the hospital (in the morning I guess...it happened at 7pm this evening) and demanding PEP treatment. My growing panic is obscuring my reasoning skills and I would appreciate your advice more than I can say.

Sincerely,

V

Hi V,

"My growing panic is obscuring my reasoning skills. . . ." BINGO! There's your answer!

Considering the latex condom appeared intact and you doubt your top gun even popped his cork, it's incredibly unlikely what you pooped out is spunk from the hunk. Please don't bring it to the hospital for analysis. (They'd be likely to lock you up in a psych ward for analysis instead!)

I agree with your assumption that your "anticipatory douch," saliva and lube are the most likely ingredients in your glob of gook.

PEP is not warranted. If you remain concerned, get a single HIV test at the three-month mark. You might also benefit from treatment for your anxiety and panic (anti-anxiety medication and psychotherapy) during the three-month window period.

Has PEP regimen guideline been revised since 2009?
Aids and Fleas