non-existence of hiv? (AIDS DENIALISM, 2010)

Dear Doctor Robert Frascino,

I am hiv positive since 2004 and am doing just fine. No coinfections, mild side effects (fatigue mostly), no oportunistic infections, cd 4 cell count of 714, viral load undetected since the i begun taking antiretrovirals. i am taking tenofovir, 3tc and efavirenz and have gained weight recently ... By the other hand, i have been reading some informations about de non existence of the hiv virus, nor aids along some internet sites. Whats your opinion about this information? I know it can sound like bullshit but i would like to know your opinion especially knowing that theres is a big drug industry behind the scene... Thank you!

The nonexistence of HIV/AIDS??? WOWZA. Hang on, I need to call my buddy Magic Johnson to tell him he's really not HIV infected. But wait a minute, how can I explain the over-25,000,000 folks who have died as as result of a condition that doesn't exist?

Dude, you stated the nonexistence theory sounds like bullshit and that's exactly what it is. What you've been reading is called "AIDS Denialism" and I've discussed it many times in this forum. I'll reprint below a small sample of what you can find in the archives. Have a look.

AIDS: The Biggest Controversy of the Century... what???? (AIDS DENIALISM, 2010) Jun 19, 2010

Dr. Bob, May I start off by saying you are one incredibly attractive Italian, and I must say it is quite a shame you are gay... if you weren't, I might be making a trip over there to sweep you off your feet. Unfortunately for both of us, I am only 22, and I am female... but you're still nice to look at. :)

Anyway, I came across this article thing while researching HIV online. WHAT is this??? What are your thoughts and opinions? Are HIV tests really just a hoax? Please read this and enlighten me to the truth! This was so astounding to me. I want to be up to date with everything, and no one better to ask than the expert.

Thanks, Dr. Bob!

Here is the link: http://www.whale.to/b/rappoport1.html

Controversy of the century???? Hardly!!!! Actually, what you came across is pure poppycock. It's AIDS denialism propaganda. I've discussed this topic numerous times. See below for a small excerpt of what's in the archives. If you want the truth about HIV/AIDS, check out AIDStruth.org.

As for sweeping me off my feet, well "it is quite a shame" you're straight, female and only 22! But thanks for the compliment!

Ciao!

Aids Dissident (AIDS DENIALISM, 2010) May 11, 2010

I am currently undergoing tests for HIV post exposure. I am also trying to start a non for profit organization. To keep a long story short the graphic designer I am using to create logo is also gay and has told me there there is no reason to test for HIV. I said he doesn't know anything and he wrote me this via facebook. Well I know less about any of this stuff than him and it had me feeling kind of confused could you explain the following statment to me and is it true or false.

BTW, thank you for the excellent work you do.

Immune health is a very complex topic and it took me years and years of research to understand the science behind HIV and to understand immune health in general. In order for the orthodoxy hypothesis to work the following parts have to be explained: A part about what the term 'AIDS" really means (and really doesn't mean). A part about what the "HIV" tests are really detecting (which would have to include what proteins were used in their design and how those proteins were ever proven to be associated with a novel pathogen you call "HIV"). A part about the original scientific prove of "HIV's" existence (isolation/purification). A part about how it was proven that being antibody-positive equaled being infected. A part about how counting CD4+ T-cells in the peripheral blood of "HIV-positive" people is not a predictor of health. A part about the so-called "Long Term Non-Progressors" (which is a pseudo-scientific label for those who test antibody-positive yet do not succumb to the expected opportunistic infections). A part about the sub-category of LTNPs who achieve this superhuman feat without taking any anti-HIV medications. A part about the drugs themselves and how they cause "AIDS" (but instead of calling it AIDS they call it Immune Reconstitution Syndrome). A part about the media and how the New York Times deleted the word "probable" from the pronouncement that the "probable cause of AIDS has been found" and the very next morning ran the headline "The cause of AIDS has been found." And a part about how everyone repeated this lie, and repeated this lie, over and over until it became.....fact. Is this an opinion? Hardly. Am I passionate about this topic? You bet! Are you part of the solution or have you already accepted "HIV" on blind faith?

Your graphic designer may be great at creating logos, but when it comes to HIV/AIDS he's totally whacked. AIDS denialists (a more accurate term than dissidents) are a shrinking group of deluded individuals who refuse to believe scientific fact or even common sense. I've discussed this terribly misguided movement a number of times over the years. (See the archives.) There is a sound scientific answer to all of their often repeated questions. They just refuse to accept reality.

Check out www.AIDSTruth.org for the scientific proof that debunks the denialist's mythology. I'll also reprint below a small sample of what you can find in the archives of this forum.

Knowledge is power. Enlighten your graphic designer if you are able. You just might save his life.

no true scientific proof that hiv exists - see website (AIDS DENIALISM, 2010) Mar 13, 2010

hey, I know you have adressed this topic multiple times, however it would be good to know whether it is a lie that hiv has never been seen under EM as is stated in this article about how the virus through rna pcr is detected and in testing antibodies to the virus. Here is the website, so that you can research it. Please let us know what you think, as it indicates that proper scientific method is not used regarding isolating HIV but rather indicates that certain proteins that are common among various other mycoplasmas, fungus, etc produce the same test results. Many places it also states that people who have run down immune systems due to numerous std's are much more likely to get HIV which could indicate that merely a busy immune system needing to deal with too many things at a time causes immune failure. If a virus was never truly visualized, then where is the scientific proof, as opposed to severly convincing circumstantial evidence. There would be no model to proove a theory of overburdoned immune system as the combinations would proove prohibitive to scientific investigation, so is it possible that the scientists bended the rules a bit to allow circumstantial evidence to become fact. This is not to say that there is not a virus, but this article states that there was never concrete proof, only mathmatical evidence. here is the article http://www.virusmyth.com/aids/hiv/eppretoria.htm and this article as well although not as scientifically written http://www.fearoftheinvisible.com/hivtest

See below. I've already addressed this Web site and the topic of AIDS denialism extensively. Don't be fooled by the nonsense and pseudoscience of that Web site or the rapidly dwindling number of AIDS denialists who support these repeatedly disproven theories. It's all pure poppycock!

AN ACTUARIAL ANALYSIS OF THE AIDS EPIDEMIC IN THE U.S. Aug 13, 2009

what are your thoughts and opinions on this article? http://www.virusmyth.com/aids/hiv/pptalk.htm

The Web site you reference is an "AIDS Denialist" Web site. I have discussed this dwindling idiotic fringe group many times before in this forum. (Check the archives.) The article you reference is from 1994, ancient history in the world of HIV/AIDS. It's also complete balderdash! Check out the science that debunks these illogical farfetched claims at www.AIDSTruth.org.

I'll reprint below a post from the archives that addresses AIDS Denialism.

Prove that HIV causes AIDS Jan 16, 2009

There is a lot of talk on here about Duesberg and the Perth Group. You say that their so called 'dangerous' beliefs have been disputed time and time again yet this is not true. Many of the questions asked by some of these 'denialists' have never been answered satisfactorily. To this day there is still no convincing scientific evidence to prove that HIV leads to AIDS. The test itself should be abolished. How do you explain the growing number of people who have tested positive and then reversed their status back to negative? How do you explain that an HIV positive persons cd4 count gets higher and the viral load is undetectable after being positive for 15 years on NO medication? Is it not true that there are over 60 conditions that can give you a false positive on an HIV test? There are a significant number of cases of people who tested positive after recently having a flu vaccine and then 6 months later their test is negative. How do you explain this? Is it not true that so far there are over 60,000 cases of AIDS patients who died in the 80's but were never tested for HIV? Is it not also true that the results are 'interpreted'according to whether you belong in a risk group or not? Is it not also true that you can test positve for HIV in Africa where only two coloured bands on the WB are required for a positive result yet if that same person was to come to Australia, they would test negative because 4 bands are required for a positive result? How come if you ask your doctor to prove that a positive result is proof of HIV itself that they can provide no such proof? It's not just Duesberg and the Perth Group who deny the HIV=AIDS myth - the number of credible doctors, scientists and run of the mill citizens who dispute this theory is growing! The truth will set you free!

Detailed scientific answers to each and every one of your questions (many of which have been recycled for years by the dwindling number of people who refuse to believe science or common sense) are available at www.AIDSTruth.org. Check it out! You have much to learn. The one thing you and I definitely agree on is your last statement: "The truth will set you free."

I will make a few comments about AIDS denialism in general for our readers who may not know the history of this misguided cult. In the early years of the epidemic, a few scientists postulated that HIV infection may not be the cause of AIDS. They suggested a number of other potential explanations, such as AZT causing AIDS in developed nations and malnutrition causing AIDS in the developing world. These scientists argued that "Koch's postulates" have not been fulfilled and suggested that antiretroviral therapy rather than being life sustaining was actually killing people. (Koch's postulates are a series of four distinct criteria that need to be fulfilled to conclusively prove that a germ, microbe or organism is the cause of a specific disease.)

The AIDS denialists hypothesis was far fetched when it was proposed in the 80s and today we know it is complete lunacy. Koch's postulates have been fulfilled many times over. We now have solid scientific evidence of how HIV infects human cells, damages the immune system and results in AIDS. The life-sustaining effects of antiretroviral drugs have also been absolutely established by countless clinical trials and large epidemiological observational studies. The death rate from AIDS plummeted by 50% the year after HAART was introduced!!! It's hard to argue with facts such as these.

The AIDS denialists are a dwindling cult. Many have either died prematurely while some have come to their senses and started therapy. These feckless whack-jobs would be nothing more than amusing if it weren't for the influence they have exerted on some gullible individuals. They have encouraged some very scared folks into believing their myths and even affected the health policy of South Africa, which resulted in tremendous human tragedy.

Researchers from the Harvard School of Public Health have calculated that the South African government's refusal to provide antiretroviral drugs (because Mbeki, their president, was influenced by AIDS denialists) resulted in 330,000 lives being prematurely snuffed out by the virus between 2000 and 2005!

Is it possible to get HIV like this?
Burning urination after using fleshlight. (FLESHLIGHT FEARS, 2010)