hiv blood in coffee (HIV BLOOD IN COFFEE, 2010)

Dear Sir

I am afraid hiv blood was syringed into my coffee and subsequently drank same. Can Hiv transmission happen by these means?

I will donate to your foundation

Thank you

Believe it or not, the fear of HIV in cappuccinos comes up quite frequently in this forum. (See below for a small sample of what's in the archives.) The HIV-transmission risk is nonexistent, but it's certainly a way to ruin the taste of a perfectly fine cup of joe.

HIV transmission through coffee? Nov 27, 2008

hello, the other day I went to starbucks and got coffee that the guy seemed to take forever to make. I started watching what he is doing midway through waiting but seemed to miss the integral part of him pouring milk and acual coffee into my cup. Afterwards I had really sick thoughts of him deliberately adding blood or semen in my cup but then thought I was being too paranoid. In a few days after drinking this coffee I developed real troubling flu-like symtoms - low grade fever that wouldn't go away and a really bad fatigue. My mind cannot rest right now because the only thing I can think of is that starbucks and how the guy looked like he was hiding something. Do you think he chances of getting HIV this way are high or am I panicking for no reason? I want to note that I m not in a high risk caregory of behavior for getting HIV so all other mehods of transmission for me should be ruled out.

Dude,

Everyone knows the baristas at Starbucks do not "cream" your coffee. You have to add your own "stuff" at the milk and sugar bar, silly boy.

Coffee Drink Jul 20, 2005

Is it possible for hiv to be transmitted in a hot drink?

HIV transmitted in a hot drink??? Were you the guy in line in front of me at Starbucks earlier this evening who ordered a "decaf grande half soy, half low-fat, vanilla double shot, gingerbread cappuccino, extra dry with one Sweet-n-Low and one Splenda, hold the HIV???" Hmmm . . . I thought so.

No, HIV is not transmitted in hot beverages.

Blood in coffee after fight Oct 21, 2009

Hi Sir, I have had quite a bit of worry today after an event that happened and I am not sure if it is a risk or not. I was in a bathroom at a downtown shelter where i volunteer and a fight broke out between two guys.The one guy was bleeding pretty bad near the sink. I had left my coffee siting on the counter and grabbed it and ran out. Had a sip and noticed there was blood in the coffee. I only had one sip but was wondering if I may have put myself at risk with this. I know blood is a risk but diluted is it still please answer I am a little batty over this freak incident. Will donate $100 on its way.

Blood landed in your Starbucks? Wow, that must have been some brawl! As for an HIV-acquisition risk via cappuccino, relax Max! The risk is nonexistent. There is no cause for concern, freak-out or even HIV testing!

Thank you for your tax-deductible donation to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation. It's warmly appreciated!

Be well. Stay well. (Yes, you are indeed well!)

No where else to go and feeling like I deserve to be punished and die... please please help me Dr. Robert... my parents said that if I am gay they will disown me... (COMING OUT, 2010)
2 days Later I'm now losing my mind, my fanily, and turned myself into an Official Dr. Bob Flutternut !!