Panic from Portugal

Hi Dr. Bob,

Some months ago I posted 3 questions regarding a possible HIV infection through oral sex. I was passing arough time and I got a depression crisis with several panic atacks. You sugested me two things: therapy and get tested. I was fear rocked of being tested, it was unbearable to me, wich lead to a deep depression. I lost my job, lost contact with the real world.... I went to teraphy, and in 5 months I finelly was convinced to get tested: Im negative.

this should be wowhow, and it is good indeed, but the fact is that this fear and anxiety ripped my life to pieces. now I have to overcome and start over from scratch as person, as man, as a professional.

this is my experience, and my advice to all of you who live in a similar agony: get tested before it's late - to late to your body and/or to your mind.

stay safe. be well

Hi Panic from Portugal,

Thank you for taking the time to write in and share your story. I'm hopeful it will help other panicky people trapped in their own self-induced worried-well hell to get tested or at least get psychotherapy so that they, like you, can overcome their irrational fears and then get tested.

I'm delighted your test was negative. Good luck on quickly rebuilding your shattered life. Irrational HIV fears can be astoundingly destructive to many aspects of life, including health, happiness, career, family and general well-being. Now that you've conquered your fears, I'm confident you'll be able to reconstruct your life. I wish you luck and a bright, healthy future.

SHOULD I STOP TAKING PEP, HELP ME SCARED STUDENT
Thank You Dr Bob