Gone crazy

Ho doctor, I have been going crazy the last few months. In August I had protected sex with an escort in Canada. I received unprotected Oral Sex and protected vaginal sex. I developed and NGU after the oral I went to my doctor a week later and he made me do all STD tests. The condom was intact after vaginal sex. I saw pre cum collect and it did not break. If the condom did not break does that mean it was effective. The escort used a water based lube and i still had a condom on at the end. Am I going crazy for nothing or should I be tested? Been feeling tired a lot lately and been getting a lot of headaches.

I will make a donation to your organization to. You do a great job.

Worried mad

Hello Worried Mad,

Unprotected insertive oral sex carries only a very slight risk for acquiring HIV. Protected sex (any orifice) is "protected," assuming the latex condom was used properly and didn't fail (break).

Some STDs, such as NGU, are much easier to contract than HIV (thankfully).

The main reason to consider HIV testing, based on the information you provided, would be psychological peace of mind. However, considering you are driving yourself batty over this incident, a single three-month HIV-antibody test may well be worth the effort to put your fears permanently to rest.

Thanks for your tax-deductible donation to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's very much appreciated. In return I'm sending you my good-luck karma that you are now and will always be HIV free.

My partner is the bottom and we have never discused HIV
pneumovac today