Occupational Situation I think from my Aestheticians Part - Your Help Appreciated!

Dear Dr. Bob,

I will try to make this short and sweet but I think I need to give you time-lines so it might take a little bit of reading. I was looking in your archives and found some similarities but would like you to look at this specific situation. Please give me a place, and allow me to make a donation because this might take a bit of your reading time.

Last night at about 10 PM I had some pulled back skin by the back of my thumb nail. It was on the top of my thumb at the back of the nail. I had pulled it off at 10PM and it bled and it was stinging like a bee sting. I let it air dry overnight. In the morning I didn't think anything of it, so I just let it dry in the air naturally. So now I have a red dot behind my nail that stings!! And then really stings when I touch it. I think you get the picture.

So the next day at 3 PM I had to go see my aesthetician. I have to tell you that my aesthetician is a HIV+ woman. So what is that... 17 hrs. went by before I had to see her. My aesthetician also does some volunteer work with other folks. I don't know if it is with and organization or not. Well, she was telling me how now she is helping take care of this woman that just got home today from the hospital from back surgery and she is a woman that is HIV+. So she is cooking for her. Cleaning for her and doing all the household duties. She also told me that today she helped walk her to the bath-tub,,, had her sit on a stool and gave her a bath. Now the woman couldn't get to sitting in a tub, so she had the lady sit on a stool and washed her up and would spray her down with a shower head hose. She helped with the dressing around her wound and everything that goes along with that. So when I went to see her today she went to look at something by my thumb knuckle and grabbed my thumb with the wound on it. Yes the thumb with the stinging red spot where the pulled back skin is on. The spot on my thumb is red in color and stings like crazy. Which has no dressing, bandage, band aid, nothing I did not have the spot on my thumb covered with anything. It was Naked and Exposed. I have to tell you Dr. Bob, my aestheticians hands are never in the greatest shape. She bites her fingernails down low. She also picks and bites and chews the skin on her fingers down from stress. Not a pretty site. Her hands always have scratches, scrapes, red spots and pulled back skin on them from her chewing on them all the time... That she never covers or wears band aids. So I looked at my aestheticians hands that she used to grab my thumb and I saw a red scratch on her finger as well, along with all this chewed up stuff and everything she always has on her hands (red dots and pulled back skin -- Everything). Her hands and fingers had direct contact with my wound on my thumb. I know because I felt it sting. I also asked her how long it took her to drive home from this HIV+ ladies house because she was also touching on this lady and all her stuff too, including the helping of her dressing from the operation I would assume. She told me the drive takes 10 minutes. Well, I can can keep rambling and take a ton of your time, but I wont. I think you get the picture. So my question to you Dr. Bob is 3-fold.

1.) What are my chances of catching the HIV virus from all this described above? - Remember the DIRECT CONTACT with my uncovered, bare naked, red spotted, stinging like fire thumb ?

2.) Should I get tested - I just had my yearly and I am HIV Negative - Did I now ruin my results? Do I need to retest?

3.) Do you think I should start taking any PEP for what happened here?

I want to Thank You for your time Dr. Bob and by the end of the day I will make a donation to your Foundation. I have to do this when I get home from work myself.

Thank You for your time and for the time you spend with everybody all around the world as it looks. You have a kind heart.

With all the Kindness I possess, Maria

Hello Maria,

1. Nonexistent.

2. No. No. And No.

3. Absolutely not. (Frevinsakes!)

Thanks for your support of The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated.

12 week negative but scary persistant symptoms, what now?
My partner is the bottom and we have never discused HIV