The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

12 week negative but scary persistant symptoms, what now?

Nov 4, 2010

I have had a 12 week negative HIV test after a high risk incident yet I have had oral thrush for over a month, swollen glands in my groin and now I have been getting extreme upper right abdominal pains which I think is sclerosing cholangitis. I am very afraid I am HIV positive and my 12 week test is inaccurate? I am also getting raised pink spots on the inside of my right thigh. I am terrified and 99 percent certain I am getting very ill quickly. All the doctors say 12 weeks is conclusive but I think I may be a very unlucky one, what do you suggest? Please help. Please only refer to this post I would like to remain anonymous, thanks.

Response from Dr. Frascino


Unless you've been to medical school, I highly doubt you are qualified to make a diagnosis of "sclerosing cholangitis"!

I agree with the assessment of the physicians you have seen. A negative HIV test outside the window period trumps "symptoms" each and every time.

I would suggest you see a general internist for evaluation and treatment of any persistent ailments you may be experiencing. In addition I suggest you stop perseverating on a disease you do not have!

Dr. Bob

Herpes and HIV Transmission Revisited
Occupational Situation I think from my Aestheticians Part - Your Help Appreciated!

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint