CONDOM DAMAGED DURING SEX

Im HIV positive and my partner is negative. I've been positive for the past five years. I am on medication and my CD 4 count is 1009 whilst my viral load is undetectable. Yesterday when we had sex the condom got split without us noticing. Its only after ejaculation that she noticed. I immediatelt requested her to see a doctor for a speedy medical intervention just in case. She did within 4 hours and was prescribed medication. What are the chances of her contracting HIV when my viral load is undetectable? I somehow feel guilty and would in future be freaked out to sleep with her again. Please help!

Taking effective antiretroviral medications that drive the plasma HIV RNA viral load to undetectable levels for a considerable period of time significantly decreases the chance of all types of HIV transmission. That your partner also started PEP within four hours will further reduce the chance of acquiring the virus. I would suggest you and your partner review the information in the archives of this forum related to magnetic couples, HIV transmission and PEP. You should find the information enlightening and reassuring.

Good luck to you both.

Reply to: a bugging question
Last time before giving up from your help