Pubic lice and HIV transmission
Nov 3, 2010
Doctor If I get pubic lice from HIV positive partner...would that put me into a risk of getting HIV since scrabs feed themselves with blood? Would my blood stream get infected HIV blood through the scrab bite? Sorry. Its odd. All the best
Response from Dr. Frascino
Nope! Pubic lice, bedbugs, mosquitoes and all other biting or blood-sucking creepy crawlers do not transmit HIV/AIDS. Period. End of story.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- If Tested For Hiv Will It Show Up Postive For Chlamydia?
- How Long Does It Take For Hepatitis C To Show Up?
- Can Hepatitis Survive On Soap?
- Possible Weight Gain While Hiv Positive
- When They Do The Hiv Blood Test Do They Also Check For Herpes?
- What Type Of Specialist To See Regarding Shingles?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.