Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Can i prevent HIV transmital by urinating and washing up immediatelly after sex
Nov 3, 2010

Dr. Fracino Please help me I'm losing my mind.

I recently had unprotected virginal sex with a woman I don't know.I believe she is super promiscuous because when I first saw her she was topless at the pool and with her husband. She flagged me into her room and we had sex. We had to hurry because her husband could have walk in on us at any minute, so it was very fast. Right after I ejaculated I immediately pulled out check for any cuts, nicks etc...and ran into the bathroom to wash my penis and the urethra entrance. I also urinated with force on purpose. It was the first time I had ever done something so stupid before. This incident happen Nov 1, 2010. Now I'm afraid that I might have gotten the HIV virus. I am a married man and don't use a condom with my spouse however, now I can't have sex with her without knowing what my status is. So my question is did I minimize my chances by washing and urinating right after? If so what is my percentage? I know there is a study that you mentioned in one of your passed answers (I've been reading all of your answers) of woman to man transmitting is 1 to 1000. Did I help my chances.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

You had "virginal" sex with a married promiscuous woman??? Hmm. How is that possible? Let's assume you had vaginal as opposed to virginal sex, OK?

Urinating after unprotected sex does not decrease the risk of HIV. I would advise you level with your wife and use latex condoms with her until you can reconfirm definitively your HIV-negative status with an HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark.

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Hot Gym Action and Towel Accident
Next
They Say 3 Times is a Charm - I promise to not EAT up all your time

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.