Hot Gym Action and Towel Accident

Hi Dr Bob,

I am writing to you from the cold north Toronto where you have quite a following.

My situation was at an Extreme Fitness gym in Toronto downtown core. I had picked up a towel and put it around my neck and then proceeded for the eleptical for about 30 mins. As i was proceeding to the lockers after those 30 mins i was wiping the hot sweat of my body in the stair case. I had a recent pimple like boil on my back which i aggrevated and was bleeding earlier but when i rubbed the towel on my back i noticed a quarter size amount of blood on the towel. I immediately freaked out which i am not sure is neccessary but i then checked my pimple on the back and there was only some puss coming out and no blood so it leads me to believe it was someone elses blood on the towel and it came in contact with my open pimple.

If tht is the case, and knowing that the towel was with me for 30-35 mins, if it was hiv infected blood would it have been inactivated on the towel in those 30 mins since it was only the size of a quarter in diameter?

Do i still need to be freaking out and get tested?

Thanks,

Sean

Hi Sean,

Do you still need to be freaking out and to get tested? Nope! But you might want to see a dermatologist if you're having problems with boils and pimples. You also shouldn't be heading for the lockers after only 30 minutes on the elliptical machine! What about the pec-deck, bench press, pull-ups, squats, abs, bis and tris and your post-workout yoga stretches? After all, you do want to look better naked, right?

Be well.

Paranoid Graduate Student, will donate, but need address!!! PLEASE
Can i prevent HIV transmital by urinating and washing up immediatelly after sex