HIV Risk - Living in a land where HIV is Taboo
Nov 2, 2010
Dear Doctor BOB
I live in land where HIV Taboo and face deportation.
Risk Exposure:After a party picked a Maldovan prostitute.
1) Had protected oral sex. I was the insertive partner 2) Did not notice any tear in the condom and was hanging on the head of my penis - I am circumcised 3) Deep kissing between us for atleast 30 min before and after oral sex 4) Breast fondling and nipple sucking by me
MISTAKE I MADE : Brushed my teeth before kissing her, dint ask her HIV status and dont know about her oral hygiene.
I did not bleed after brushing i remember that.Being married i am going through lot of guilt and anxiety and have not sex with my wife for sometime and had been avoiding her.
1) Do i need testing? 2) Do you think i would have acquired HIV 3) I researched the archive and rated my risk as NON Existent and my fears not rational am i wrong in my assessment? 4)what would be your rating 5) What treatment do you recommend?
Will donate as much i can. Do you accept donations via credit card?
Response from Dr. Frascino
1. The primary reason for testing would be psychological peace of mind. Your HIV-acquisition risk is essentially nonexistent, assuming the latex condom was used properly and did not fail (break). Unprotected insertive oral sex carries only a very slight risk for acquiring HIV. Protected oral sex drives that already very low risk into the nonexistent category.
3. Your assessment is accurate.
5. I would suggest you level with your wife. It's not only the best way to confront your guilt and anxiety over this issue; it's also the right thing to do. If she is concerned, you could use latex condoms with her until your negative HIV status is reconfirmed with a three-month HIV test (which I'm confident will indeed be the case).
6. Yes, The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation accepts credit card donations. Donation information, including the credit card link, can be found on the foundation's Web site at www.concertedeffort.org.
Thanks for your willingness to help others in desperate need.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.