Finally Took The Test Thanks To You Dr. Bob!

Dr. Bob,

This isnt a question, just a humble thank you so Thank you, a million times over! I hope someday the Lord will show you how many lives youve touched. I am a heterosexual male in his late 20s who has lived in fear of HIV for several years now. Ive self-diagnosed all of my own symptoms, read entirely too deeply into signs etc., etc. I had several episodes with illicit drug use years back, as well as plenty of unprotected sex. My life changed about 5 years ago when I sobered up and started trying to live my life correctly. There was always one nagging fear, HIV and other STDs.

While I would sit and worry day in and day out, I could never muster up the courage to get checked. Eventually I got over my fear, without ever getting tested. About a year and a half ago, however, I met her. Knowing full well that I wanted to spend my life with her, and also knowing that shed never had sex, my fears of HIV resurfaced. Day in and day out I was again Googling symptoms, paying close attention to my night sweats, etc. and knowing that I was positive. I never brought any of this information to light with her, as we are waiting for marriage. 1 month ago I proposed to her, she said yes, but I knew that I couldnt move forward without knowing once and for all if I had HIV.

I have had plenty of high risk heterosexual situations, as well as plenty of needle use in my past, and I resumed searching the internet high and low for an answer that wouldnt result in me actually having to get a test. I stumbled upon thebody.com and started reading your forums. Because of the information on this website, and your columns in particular, I finally acquired the courage necessary to go and get the test one week ago today. I literally just hung up the phone with the doctors office a few minutes ago with the results HIV Negative!! Whoo Hoo! The results, as you would say, are definitive and conclusive! It has been almost two years since my last sexual encounter, and over 7 years since my last use of a needle. HIV is not my problem, no way, no how! I dont know if Id have ever had the courage to get checked if it werent for you and this website. Im a long ways away from California, and while our paths may never actually cross, you have made a huge impact on my life. Thank you again for all that you do, and my donation is on the way.

Another Positive Im Positive Fluffernutter Proven Wrong By Actually Taking The Test.

Hello Another I'm Positive I'm Positive Fluffernutter Proven Wrong By Actually Taking The Test,

BRAVO! WOO-de-fricken-HOO! You are now officially an ex-fluffernutter and full-fledged member of our X-files (ex-worried-wells). I'm very hopeful your testimonial will encourage other ex-fluffernutters-in-waiting to man-up (or woman-up) and take the test!

Thanks for taking the time to write in and share your story and also for your tax-deductible donation to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). Both are warmly appreciated. I'm sending you and your bride-to-be my good-luck/good-health karma for a healthy, "happily-ever-after" life together filled with wonderment, peace and boundless joy.

Twas the night before mid-term elections and all through the house...
HIV Risk - Living in a land where HIV is Taboo