The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Twas the night before mid-term elections and all through the house...

Nov 2, 2010

Hi Dr. Bob,

I am hoping to get a response with the title of the question (I sincerely hope Pelosi stay's in charge as speaker). Been fighting with right-winged family members!

Massaged by licensed massage therapist, cut on her hand, supposed finger cot to cover, 80 minute massage.

1) If the massage therapist had cuts and was bleeding while massaging me, am I at risk?

2) Would a potential finger cot protect hiv from being transmitted?

3)Is pep warranted?

4) Should I be tested baseline, 1 month, 3 month, 6 months, 1 year?

5)Massage risk unclear, not erotic etc, bleeding massage therapist, is there a risk?

6) What are your thoughts from a scientific and clinical standpoint?

Dr. Bob Please answer, I beg you, sorry I am all over the are a great person(to say the least)!


Getting up early to vote!

Response from Dr. Frascino


Anyone reading the forum today, November 2, 2010, who has not yet voted, turn off the computer and go vote now! Please. Many thanks.

1. No.

2. Yes, assuming it was latex.

3. No, absolutely not.

4. No, it is not warranted.

5. No, just as I said in #1 above. Did you forget already?

6. All my comments, including those above, are based in science and represent my clinical experience as well.

Thanks for voting. Encourage your friends to do so as well, OK?

Dr. Bob

window period
Finally Took The Test Thanks To You Dr. Bob!

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint