Twas the night before mid-term elections and all through the house...

Hi Dr. Bob,

I am hoping to get a response with the title of the question (I sincerely hope Pelosi stay's in charge as speaker). Been fighting with right-winged family members!

Massaged by licensed massage therapist, cut on her hand, supposed finger cot to cover, 80 minute massage.

1) If the massage therapist had cuts and was bleeding while massaging me, am I at risk?

2) Would a potential finger cot protect hiv from being transmitted?

3)Is pep warranted?

4) Should I be tested baseline, 1 month, 3 month, 6 months, 1 year?

5)Massage risk unclear, not erotic etc, bleeding massage therapist, is there a risk?

6) What are your thoughts from a scientific and clinical standpoint?

Dr. Bob Please answer, I beg you, sorry I am all over the place...you are a great person(to say the least)!

Thanks,

Getting up early to vote!

Anyone reading the forum today, November 2, 2010, who has not yet voted, turn off the computer and go vote now! Please. Many thanks.

1. No.

2. Yes, assuming it was latex.

3. No, absolutely not.

4. No, it is not warranted.

5. No, just as I said in #1 above. Did you forget already?

6. All my comments, including those above, are based in science and represent my clinical experience as well.

Thanks for voting. Encourage your friends to do so as well, OK?

window period
Finally Took The Test Thanks To You Dr. Bob!