Fresh Blood - I am so scared and Worried

Hey Doc

Thank you for all the work you do. I think it is amazing that you go out your way to help people.

Please help me with my stress. The situation is as follow:

I was at a friends place and I was helping a lady in the kitchen to cook food. The lady had cur her finger on a knife and it was bleeding, and about a minute later she poured me a drink. This is where my worries come in: I am worried when she was pouring the drink she might have gotten some blood onto the glass and without even thinking I drank from it I had a fresh cut on my lip that was bleeding about 3 or 4 minutes before this happened. Thus, I am worried if blood got onto the glass and when I drank it the blood touched my cut on the lip. So lets say in the case that there was blood on the glass and it touched me lip where I had cut myself and she is HIV positive Do I need to worry??

Please Doc if you could answer my question it would mean the world to me. I am constantly worrying about this situation.

I have researched The Body.com website with regards to non sexual transmissions . I have found the website very informative and has educated me.

I would like to send a donation through. Its amazing how the word spreads about your amazing work as it's even reached here in South Africa. I have been telling so many people about it and that it is a great website.

Thank you so much and I pray you will be able to answer me.

Do you need to worry? Nope! Your HIV-acquisition risk is nonexistent.

Thanks for your support of The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated.

Be well. Stay well.

Drug resistance
What is the best way to educate yourself about HIV prevention