Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Fresh Blood - I am so scared and Worried
Nov 2, 2010

Hey Doc

Thank you for all the work you do. I think it is amazing that you go out your way to help people.

Please help me with my stress. The situation is as follow:

I was at a friends place and I was helping a lady in the kitchen to cook food. The lady had cur her finger on a knife and it was bleeding, and about a minute later she poured me a drink. This is where my worries come in: I am worried when she was pouring the drink she might have gotten some blood onto the glass and without even thinking I drank from it I had a fresh cut on my lip that was bleeding about 3 or 4 minutes before this happened. Thus, I am worried if blood got onto the glass and when I drank it the blood touched my cut on the lip. So lets say in the case that there was blood on the glass and it touched me lip where I had cut myself and she is HIV positive Do I need to worry??

Please Doc if you could answer my question it would mean the world to me. I am constantly worrying about this situation.

I have researched The Body.com website with regards to non sexual transmissions . I have found the website very informative and has educated me.

I would like to send a donation through. Its amazing how the word spreads about your amazing work as it's even reached here in South Africa. I have been telling so many people about it and that it is a great website.

Thank you so much and I pray you will be able to answer me.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

Do you need to worry? Nope! Your HIV-acquisition risk is nonexistent.

Thanks for your support of The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated.

Be well. Stay well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Drug resistance
Next
What is the best way to educate yourself about HIV prevention

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.