response to hiv positive in manila

Hi Dr Robert

please help hiv positive in manila Feb 10, 2010

While browsing through the archives for information in manilla where i live i saw the above question of a few months ago. I know first hand that the majority of philipinas would struggle with even the phone calls and transport to the hospital before you even talk about treatment. Its a tragic reality!There is no benefit system hereand the average working daily salary is $5 I also know that if you mention hiv in this country you will provoke a lot of fear and the negative emotions which go hand in hand.I would like to help that person with some of her costs and use her experiences to date as a spring board to help others . Is there any way that can be done?

This site has confidentiality policies and procedures. I will forward your good samaritan request to the folks at Body central to see if there is a way to facilitate financial help while maintaining confidentiality.

Your compassion and generosity is very laudable. If we all just did our part, we could stop HIV cold in its tracks and get life-sustaining treatment to all those in need.

Be well.

Hi Dr Robert, l am a 18 year old girl who lives in manila, l was dating a 40 year old guy from london, and had unprotected sex with him 6 months ago, he was the first man l have been sexually and met him on the internet,

after two weeks l had a fever and sore throat for two weeks and my doctor in manila told me l would be fine its just a fever, l got sick with a fever again 2 weeks ago and went to a other doctor in manila and he took a blood test for hiv,

l just found out l am hiv positive, what can l do ??? l do not have any money !!!! the man who infected me once l told him l was sick has changed his numbers and email address.... he infected me and lest me....

please find out who can help l can not affort treatment and have no money... l am only 18 years old and dont want to die like this !!!

thank you Anna

I'm sorry to hear about your recent HIV infection. I'm sure there is a special place in Hell for guys like your 40-year-old Internet lover-boy.

I would advise you contact your local AIDS service organization and ask what services or programs are available to help HIVers in your area. You should contact the health department for additional advice about local services.

Esophagitis+HIV ,will donate $50 :)
My thanks to you Dr. Bob! (HERPES, 2010)