Going crazy ...

Dr. Bob. I know this is rendundant but please answer for my sanity and also need the good luck to be sent from you.

I did have a protected sex and the condom was intact. It wsa made of latex. After 72 hours of contact I have a stomach upset. My mind is going crazy that I would have contacted some STD. Can you tell me when is a good time to check for STD / HIV.

This was the first time I have ever done such a mistake and I am really tormented by it. A response from you would mean the world to me . Thanks a lot.

I will donate generously as I realize the importance of your work.

Protected sex is indeed protected, assuming the latex condom was used properly and did not fail (break). Your HIV-acquisition risk is essentially nonexistent. An upset stomach 72 hours after protected sex is neither suggestive of or worrisome for HIV acute retroviral viral syndrome (ARS).

STD screens can be performed now; however, HIV-antibody tests are not considered definitive until the three-month mark.

Your fears are unwarranted and are most likely linked to anxiety and guilt, not HIV.

Good-luck karma signed, sealed and sent (although you really don't need it!).

Why have you ignored my question?
What to Expect?