can i be traumatized by an encounter even if i had tested negative

can i be traumatized by an encounter even if i had tested negative? dear bob i had a protected sex encounter with someone that is hiv positive its has been a year and months i have tested at 3months negative , 6months negative , and 8 months negative,i just seem to get anxiety after a certain time afer each test..and now after a yera and months of this one encounter im going to my fourth time for a test when is this going to stop? how can i put this behind me..thank u,,please send me an address where i could send my donation

Your HIV-acquisition risk is essentially nonexistent, assuming the latex condom was used properly and did not fail (break).

Your repeatedly negative HIV-antibody tests out to eight months are definitive and conclusive. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. No additional HIV tests are warranted. Should you go for another test, the results will undoubtedly be negative.

Can you have been psychologically traumatized by your encounter, even though you now have overwhelming and irrefutable evidence proving HIV transmission did not occur? Absolutely. Fear of HIV, even when there is little or no chance of infection, is quite common. A quick perusal of the archives will certainly confirm this fact.

Your problem is anxiety and irrational fear of HIV, not HIV itself. The best way to put this behind you is to get treatment for you anxiety and irrational fears.

Anti-anxiety medications and/or psychotherapy (counseling) are the best ways to confront and conquer your unwarranted worries. You should be WOO-HOO-ing, not worrying!

Thank you for your interest in making a donation to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation. Donation information can be found on the foundation's Web site at www.concertedeffort.org. The foundation's address is:

The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation 1000 Fremont Avenue, Suite 145 Los Altos, CA 94024

In return I'm sending you my good-luck/good-health karma that you are now and will always be HIV free.

Be well. Stay well.

Your Advice
Positive Elisa, Negative Western Blot, Dr wants to do a HIV Viral Load