Protect Oral Sex - Mouth Thrush
Oct 28, 2010
I visited a women , She gave me blowjob while I was wearing a Condom , which was intact and didn't broken(verified) . Now it is 17days I had a Single Mouth Thrush just beside UVULA, no other symptoms noticed .
1.Do HIV ARS symptoms appear in group or sometimes they just showup as a single symptom ? Also if the sympton is cause of HIV infection , will it showup in Anti-body test if I go for test? 2.I have habbit of eating threads from my Underwear,also biting nails(both hands & Legs) ,drinking hot Tea, also I was very stressed one week back , will any of these might be the cause of Oral Thrush ??
Please clarify my doubts Dr , I cannot sleep I am dying of HIV infection fear. I would like to Thank You for your help for the anxious people like me . Please give me the details , I would like to Donate.
Response from Dr. Frascino
Your HIV-acquisition risk is essentially nonexistent, assuming the latex condom was used properly and did not break. HIV cannot permeate intact latex. No way. No how.
A "single mouth thrush"?? What is that? If you are not a physician, chances are you are not qualified to make a diagnosis of oral thrush! What you are visualizing could very well be normal or a condition completely unrelated to thrush. Ask your doctor to evaluate the problem if necessary. If it is thrush, he will further evaluate why you might have it (there are many potential underlying conditions that are associated with thrush).
Responding to your specific questions:
1. Generally HIV ARS presents as a constellation of symptoms -- rash, fever, flu-like symptoms, etc. Whether symptoms are present or not, negative HIV-antibody tests taken before the three-month mark are not considered to be definitive (a positive screening ELISA test and confirmatory Western Blot test is considered definitive at any time).
2. You eat threads from your underwear? What???? Dude, you definitely need a new hobby or at least tastier snacks. However, chowing down on your 2xist boxer-briefs, biting nails of "both hands and legs(?)" drinking hot tea, and/or being stressed will not cause thrush!
Your fears are unwarranted. Donation information for The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation can be found on the foundation's Web site at www.concertedeffort.org. Thanks for your thanks and desire to help others in desperate need. In return I'm sending you my good-luck/good-health karma that you are now and will always be HIV free.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Long After Exposure To Hiv Does It Take To Test Positive?
- Pathophysiology Of Aids Hiv
- Can Cytomegalovirus Cause Miscarriage?
- How Long Do I Have To Wait To Get A Hep Titer After A Hep B Shot?
- How Long Does It Take For Hiv To Show Up Up In A Person Blood?
- How Do I Know If I Am Hiv Positive?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.