Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 

This is my third time, PLEASE HELP!

Dr. Bob, I understand you're a very busy man, but I am praying with all my heart you'll finally answer my question after multiple attempts to reach you! PLEASE just answer this short, simple questions. I have consulted many urgent care doctors, and even my main doctor. They are not helpful at all. They just look at me like I'm crazy.

1) I'm a 22 year old female. Possible exposure in April 2010. I was drunk and he took advantage of me, cam inside me without condom. His status said "HIV normal" when he was tested. What the hell does that mean?

2) Tested negative at 4 1/2 months after incident. HIV 1/2 AB test was negative. Tested again after 6 months with another negative test. Should I just move on?

3) I am very fair-skinned so I bruise easily, however, it has seem to gotten worse since 4 months after incident. 5 months after the incident, I've had 2-4 very small purple spots. They are purple maybe for a few hours and then it turns into a red color and a bruise again. Sometimes they aren't sore, like a bruise, yet they look like a bruise. My doctor took a look at them and ran blood tests. I have a normal CBC and a normal paletes (or however you spell it). I feel pea-sized lumps in various areas of my body, but they aren't sore or anything. But, it is freaking me out.

If this isn't HIV, why am I having all these symptoms? I also have very sore muscles. Sometimes it feels like I've been punched in various areas, but I haven't. They won't even bruise. My arm also felt weak for a whole day (almost numb) and then the next day, it was very stiff and sore.

Will you please just answer me. I'm so tired of being turned away by doctors. No one helps out, because they are too damn busy and I'm paying all this money to get help, but I don't get any.

I will make a donation...whatever it takes to get a response...just please answer.

Looks like the third time is the charm! Here's your response!

1. I have no idea what "HIV normal" means. It is not a medical term, but I would assume it signifies HIV negative, because being HIV positive is anything but "normal"!

2. Yep! Your negative HIV tests out to six months are definitive, conclusive, WOO-HOO-able and move-on-able!

3. I can't diagnose the cause of your symptoms over the Internet. But what I can do with absolute confidence is advise what is not causing them: It's not HIV! No way. No how. No additional HIV tests are warranted.

Your major problem at this point is anxiety. You have irrational fears about HIV despite overwhelming and irrefutable evidence that you were not infected. I would suggest the help and reassurance you need can be found with counseling (psychotherapy).

Thanks for your tax-deductible donation to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated. In return I'm sending you my good-luck/good-health karma that you are now and will always be HIV free! Feel better, OK?

Be well. Stay well.

Prophylaxis warranted? Time Sensitive! Please
lots of love