Can HIV be transmitted from spit in the eyes?
Oct 25, 2010
I was wondering if HIV can be transmitted from spit in eyes? My son who is in grade school was spat on by a kid who has the HIV virus. Afterwords, my son washed his face. The kid in question was born with the virus. I am extremely worried.
Response from Dr. Frascino
Relax Mom. Saliva/spit that does not contain visible blood is not felt to be a significant HIV risk. Even if trace blood were present, the risk of HIV acquisition via this route would be extremely remote at best.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Hairy Tongue A Symptom Of HIV?
- How Long Do I Wait To Get Tested After Sex With A Prostitute?
- Cold Hands After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Balls After Anal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Can I Catch Gonorrhea Without Having Sex?
- Symptoms Of This Std In Men Can Cause Epididymitis And Can Also Spread To The Blood Or Joints
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.