Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Dr. Bob please help this worrywart.
Oct 25, 2010

Hi Dr. Bob,

I've enjoyed reading your forum on this site for quite some time. You have a great way with humor. Anyway, I now have a question that I hope you can answer for me. I'm a guy who just received a massage (with some benefits) from a guy. Anyway, as he was playing with my balls, he started rubbing my perineum and he scratched it with his fingernail. Afterwards, I checked the area and some blood was present on the toilet paper. Now I'm worried sick and playing the "what if" game. What if his finger was bleeding when he was rubbing that area or what if he happened to have some cum on his fingers from a previous client? What if some cum happened to get into the lotion somehow? I know these are probably irrational worries but now I don't know what to think. It doesn't appear to be a deep wound or anything, more like a scratch that bled.

Please, please Dr. Bob help this worrywart. I promise to donate to your foundation.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Worrywart,

You state: "I know these are probably irrational worries. . . ." I absolutely agree! If my reassurance is not sufficient for you to put those unwarranted worries permanently to rest where they belong, you could consider HIV testing at the three-month mark (from the time of your rub-a-dub-dub). The results will undoubtedly be negative.

Thanks for your desire to help folks in desperate need with your tax-deductible gift to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's very warmly appreciated.

Be well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
boyfriend had or may not had sex
Next
Can HIV be transmitted from spit in the eyes?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.