Testing window.

Dr., I am a straight male that began a sexual relationship with a woman in March (unprotected). Last unprotected encounter with her was on June 20th which involved heavy vaginal bleeding. I freaked out when I saw it. Well I discussed my fears with her and she stated that she is negative and offered to go take a test and give me results. Hers were negative. I was tested on June 23rd and result came back negative. I was also tested on August 20th (negative), and on Sept 28th (negative). During my window period I did something very foolish though. Me and a friend of mine went to Vegas for the 4th of July and on July 4th I received unprotected oral sex and protected vaginal sex from female sex worker. Before she performed it she asked me if I was "clean". Ok now the symptoms begin. July 9th I am looking in mirror, I turn my head to look at my neck and I notice a huge swollen lymph node on right side of my neck just underneath the angle of my jawbone. That same night my right eye erupted into a huge herpes infection. ER doctor said I had herpes infection in my eye and also said that the lymph node was indeed very swollen. She asked if I had a history of cold sore and I told her yes, ever since I was a child. I did not perform oral on sex worker and I did not kiss her and I also washed my hands very good after removing condom. Ok 1 month later I woke up from a sweat not heavy, next night same thing but on that morning sore throat. No more night sweats but sore throat lasted 7 days. Dr diagnosed me with Sinusitis in mid Sept. I have been severely stressed since July 4th and just feel sick every single day. I checked my temperature throughout all of these symptoms and it has been normal. Although my entire body feels as if it is burning up. Skin feels hot when I tough it. Could this feeling be malaise? I have also had body aches since May and it is now October. As I stated above I was tested last on Sept 28th which was exactly after 12 weeks of the oral sex encounter. What do these symptoms sound like to you? ARS? Could I be a late seroconverter. Doc is tired of seeing me and said I don't need to test further. But on here I see I should be tested out until 6 month mark.

Your HIV-acquisition risk (unprotected insertive oral and protected vaginal with a Vegas sex worker and unprotected vaginal with "heavy vaginal bleeding with a partner who subsequently tested HIV negative) is extremely low. Your repeatedly negative HIV-antibody tests out to 12 weeks are definitive and conclusive. HIV is not your problem. No additional HIV tests are warranted.

Regarding "symptoms," they are notoriously unreliable in predicting who is and is not HIV infected. I cannot diagnose the cause of your symptoms over the Internet; however, what I can do is advise they are not caused by HIV.

Could you be a late seroconverter? No.

You report you are "severely stressed" and your doc is tired of seeing you. I would suggest you seek counseling (psychotherapy) to help you cope with your HIV fears and also to help you accept the truly wonderful news of your HIV-negative status. You should be WOO-HOO-ing, not worrying.

Symtoms of Viral Load Rebound
Ice cream (scared)