Test positive...give up career??

Hello:

I am a recent college grad with a degree in automotive engineering. I have a wonderful job at a major car dealer as a head mechanic. The job is a bit physically demanding, however I keep myself in top shape. I run 5 days a week, drink 10 bottles of water a day, watch my diet and get my rest. I recently found out that I am most likley HIV positive. I am afraid that I may have to give up my whole career and my whole degree in order to perserve my life and take care of myself. Any thoughts? I am down all together...

". . . Most likely HIV positive"??? What does that mean? Before making decisions about your future, don't you think you should be certain one way or the other? I do!

Let's assume you are virally enhanced (HIV positive). Why would you even consider giving up your career and how would doing so "perserve" your life? There is certainly no medical indication that anyone, particularly someone in "top shape," should alter their career plans simply because they are positively charged. There are HIV-positive butchers, bakers and candlestick makers, not to mention cowboys, firemen, movie stars, musicians, auto mechanics and even doctors (such as yours truly!).

My advice is that you determine definitively whether you are virally enhanced and if so, you should work closely with an HIV physician specialist. You should also retain all your hopes and dreams for a bright and "healthy" future.

Indeterminate ELISA Indeterminate Western Blot - scared
Please, for the sake of my marriage