Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

re: racist doctor infected me with HIV
Oct 20, 2010

Thanks Doc for giving me a peace of mind. But I worry you could be wrong. Its been 21 days since my doctor's visit and I have the following symptoms:

1. High Fever 2. Worst sore throat in my life with terrible cough. 3. Body aches all over. 4. Wierd red rash on my palms and under my feet; slight rash on the right of my head; and diffused rash on the trunk of my chest. 5. Bloated feeling in my armpit and groin area.

Does this change your assessment, doc?

Rajeev

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Rajeev,

"Does this change your assessment, doc?" Nope! Not in the slightest.

Dr. Bob

racist doctor infected me with HIV Oct 15, 2010

Hi Dr!

Hope this finds you in the pink of health!

I live in Birmingham in the UK. I went to the doctor to do a HIV test which was negative after 3 months. But then I was told by some of my doctor-friends that the doctor I went to was in fact racist especially towards Asians. I am worried now that the doctor could have used a contaminated needle to draw my blood or did not provide a proper sample to be sent to the lab for analysis. He was also very rough checking for glands I think around my body and at times, felt very poky as if he was using a needle to pierce it. I cannot sleep just thinking about this doctor visit; and after reading about a dentist infecting his patients with HIV, I think this doctor has infected me with HIV as well.

Do I have a genuine cause to be concern and so repeat my HIV test again after 3 months? Or am I simply a fluffernutter and paranoid for no reason?

I dont know what to do. Cant sleep, cant eat, I live in solitary confinement. Would you help me please?

Thanks! Thanks! Rajeev

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Rajeev,

"Do I have a genuine cause to be concerned and so repeat my HIV test again after 3 months?" Nope! You do not! "Or am I simply a fluffernutter and paranoid for no reason?" BINGO!

I would recommend you try counseling (psychotherapy) to help you confront your irrational fears.

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

Previous
ALQAEDA my situation forced me to return.
Next
Neuropathy problem

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.