NZ Guy 6 weeks negative & donation

Hi Dr. Bob,

My 6-week test came back negative, HIV- woohoo!!! Thanks for doubling my dose of positive cosmic vibes that must have done the trick! Seriously, thank you so much for your words and for being there for me, I'll remain eternally grateful.

Now all I'm hoping for is another negative test at the 3 month mark... fingers crossed! Sorry for the delay, I was so caught up in my own situation that I neglected this... I've just put through my donation at http://www.concertedeffort.org/

I'll keep my eyes peeled for your visit down under and definitely buy any ticket I can afford to attend and show my support. So stoked that you're coming here! I'm looking for a new job since my old contract is up, so once I get it I'll be saving up for my ticket. If you have the time, please let me know once you confirm your dates in NZ.

Finally, I've been lucky enough to meet a wonderful person today and if this grows into a relationship (I really hope so), I'll show them the respect they deserve by staying safe no matter what.

As always much love & good health to you my dear friend.

G'day NZ Guy,

Your negative six-week test is extremely encouraging, but not quite yet completely definitive. The vast, vast majority of those infected with HIV will have detectable levels of specific anti-HIV antibody in their blood within four to six weeks after HIV primary infection and therefore would test HIV positive. The odds are now astronomically in your favor that you'll be WOO-HOO-ing when you see the result of your definitive three-month HIV-antibody test!

Best of luck with your new possible Mr. or Mrs. Happily-Ever-After. And many thanks for your donation to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated.

Cheers mate!

Cheers! Trans Anxious NZ guy Sep 17, 2010

Dear Dr. Bob

Thanks for your kind advice I really appreciate it. And thank you even more for sending me some good luck karma! The doctors here started me on a 28-day PEP course of Combivir at 71 hours after the exposure so fingers crossed... Ill keep ya posted.

Anyway, Dr. Bob, like many others on here I've come to care deeply about you and can't help but to worry about you. So here's some magic cosmic karma vibes right back atcha mate! You and your colleagues are so knowledgeable, wonderful, caring and empathetic and we love you for it. So I took your advice (it's funny I was actually thinking about this myself) and put my name down to volunteer at Body Positive here and I hope that like you I can find joy in the service of others.

I really admire your positive "virally enhanced" outlook on life and you have taught me not to feel so sorry for myself. And man you're jokes are bloody hilarious! Haha how do ya do it?

Finally, Dr. Bob you are my hero. The message from your favourite George Bernard Shaw quote resonated deep within me and now I want to clean up my act and live a better more meaningful life.

Please, please, please don't use your valuable time in responding to me, just keep up the outstanding work. Hope ya had a wicked holiday too!

Best wishes, much love & good health, Neil

Hey Neil,

The holiday was indeed wicked fun! Thanks for your very kind comments and cosmic karma vibes. They are warmly appreciated.

I'm delighted that you plan to volunteer some of your time at Body Positive! I'm confident you'll find the experience richly rewarding.

I'm doubling my usual dose of good-luck/good-health karma heading your way. Do keep me posted. I'm here if you need me, OK? Speaking of heading your way, it looks like I'm headed for a New Zealand and Australia trip in January/February.

Cheers mate. She'll be apples! (Oops, I think that's Aussie slang rather than Kiwi . . . .)

Trans-mistake NZ Aug 22, 2010

Dr. Bob,

You're a legend! Kudos for the great work that you do. I live in New Zealand. A couple of nights ago I had unprotective, insertive anal sex with a pre-op transexual (male) of unknown status. I'm horrifed about potentially having contracted the HIV+/ AIDS virus. I am uncircumcised, although I did not ejaculate inside him but I could smell faeces upon exit. I'd said I wanted to wear a condom but (s)he used a lot of lube instead and said (s)he wanted to "feel me inside"... Really, really stupid of me I know. (S)he also perform unprotected oral sex on me. I've scheduled a STD check-up tomorrow and have been advised to schedule an HIV+ test in 6 weeks and then 3 months. What else should I do during this anxious "window" period? Would you recommend I start on a course of PEPs? I don't know if they are prescribed or even available here but I think I should take them. Please help. God Bless

G'day Anxious Kiwi,

"Unprotected, insertive anal sex with a pre-op transexual (male) of unknown status" who didn't want to use condoms?!?! Hmm. "Really, really stupid . . . ." I must agree! But don't be too hard on yourself. We all make mistakes and it's a well-known fact that the higher powers gave man both a brain and a tallywhacker, but only enough blood to run one at a time. The important thing is to learn from this lapse in judgment!

An STD check now and HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark are definitely warranted. PEP (post-exposure prophylaxis) is no longer an option for you. PEP should be started as soon as possible and no later than 72 hours after an HIV exposure. Your tranny adventure was "a couple of nights ago." So at this point there is nothing else to do except wait. I'd suggest you use the time to read through the wealth of information on this site and in the archives. It will help reinforce your resolve never to put yourself at such risk again. Also you might consider volunteering some of your time at an AIDS hospice. Helping those in desperate need is an effective way to keep our own problems in perspective. Plus, you'll rack up some excellent cosmic karma.

Good luck NZ guy. I'll send my good-luck karma that your definitive HIV test is negative. Write back and let us know. We'll keep fingers crossed, toes crossed . . . and even eyes crossed?

Finally, as for being a legend, nah, I'm just your average run-of-the-mill virally enhanced cyber-sexpert disseminating to the cyber-universe wit and wisdom on humankind's favorite pastime: sex!

HIV scare, after Bathhouse incident. Please anwser.
Time to leave the world behind (FEARS OF BEING ANALLY RAPED, 2010) (VISIONS AND FEARS OF BEING SEXUALLY ASSAULTED WHILE SLEEPING, 2010)