The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

I have been asking ?'s Doctor for over 2 years and no response from you can you please just help me a little bit.

Oct 16, 2010

I am a female who had a high risk exposure to an HIV+ over 2 years ago. I went through all the testing and I have tested HIV-. I went to my doctor recently because I have been dealing with other health issues. He is advising me that I need to test for the next 10 years to make sure I don't become HIV+. I need your assistance based on this website which really helped me when I was in the earlier stages of this to get an understanding. Because I was in a 3 month relationship and had intercourse with this man that I later found out had a down low life style. We did have unprotected sex several times just need an answer? I am trying to live my life but it is a little hard because I don't know if I am going to become HIV+ one day and I don't want to affect anybody else's life with what I have been exposed to.

Thank You in advance!!

Dr. Frascino on your continued support to educate about the disease and bring awareness to people like myself.

Response from Dr. Frascino


You don't really need my assistance! What you need is a more competent primary care doctor. The one you currently have seems to be suffering from crainio-rectal inversion (having his head up his butt!). The window period is three months (six months for very significant exposures). If you tested HIV-antibody negative outside the window period, you are definitively and conclusively HIV negative. No further HIV tests would be warranted.

Dr. Bob

Hepatitis C Transmission

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint