NPEP

I started taking Isentress and Truvada as an NPEP regimen a few days ago, after finding that despite my best efforts during sex the night before, right after we were done I found semen on a band-aid I had covering a deep slice in my finger from a kitchen mishap. Not sure if it was mine or my sex partner's. He and I used to date, but we are not exclusive now and we don't tell one another about our sexual history. We met on Manhunt, but live in a small college town, and although we always wore condoms when we had sex and he guarantees me he is HIV-negative and gets tested (how regularly, I don't know) I always found him a little too nonchalant about HIV prevention and risk when I wanted to talk about it. I called my doctor in the morning and for the second time in three years, we decided that it made sense to do PEP (last time I did Truvada and Kaletra, but dropped the latter because of the GI effects).

At the same time that I started taking the Isentress, I came down with a cold that got pretty bad quickly. I am short of breath all day and waking up in the night. Seems weird because I just got over a cold. My MD, who is in a big city and has a lot of HIV experience, is not worried about the cold, but I keep seeing warnings on websites (ie NIH, FDA) that I should seek emergency care if I see signs of infection similar to these.

PS if you haven't figured this out already, I suffer from OCD to an extent, which is compounding this already strange-feeling situation.

Am I being nuts to be on PEP right now? Should I quit the integrase right away because of these signs of infection, or Should I just keep following my doctor's instructions? I live alone and don't really have anyone around who understands what I am going through right now.

Thank you.

From the information provided, nPEP would not be warranted. I would advise discontinuing it.

your awesome
I have been asking ?'s Doctor for over 2 years and no response from you can you please just help me a little bit.