racist doctor infected me with HIV

Hi Dr!

Hope this finds you in the pink of health!

I live in Birmingham in the UK. I went to the doctor to do a HIV test which was negative after 3 months. But then I was told by some of my doctor-friends that the doctor I went to was in fact racist especially towards Asians. I am worried now that the doctor could have used a contaminated needle to draw my blood or did not provide a proper sample to be sent to the lab for analysis. He was also very rough checking for glands I think around my body and at times, felt very poky as if he was using a needle to pierce it. I cannot sleep just thinking about this doctor visit; and after reading about a dentist infecting his patients with HIV, I think this doctor has infected me with HIV as well.

Do I have a genuine cause to be concern and so repeat my HIV test again after 3 months? Or am I simply a fluffernutter and paranoid for no reason?

I dont know what to do. Cant sleep, cant eat, I live in solitary confinement. Would you help me please?

Thanks! Thanks! Rajeev

Hello Rajeev,

"Do I have a genuine cause to be concerned and so repeat my HIV test again after 3 months?" Nope! You do not! "Or am I simply a fluffernutter and paranoid for no reason?" BINGO!

I would recommend you try counseling (psychotherapy) to help you confront your irrational fears.

Stop/Continue Combivir nPEP
resubmitted form the Fatigue and Anemia Forum: Discordant couple - Risk of HCV transmission (Hepatitis C Virus Infections Among HIV-Infected Men Who Have Sex With Men: An Expanding Epidemic, 2010 )