Precautions for infection while living with an escort

Hi Dr. Bob, I recently moved into an apartment with my best friend. Our new roommate, it turns out, (damn you Craig's List), is not only addicted to meth but also an "escort". I do not know if he is clean or not, or how to ask.. But we do share a bathroom. Is there anything that I can do to make sure that neither my best friend or I get infected? Should I be cleaning daily? Is the only way that we could get HIV is through a shared razor? What about any other STDs? Should I employ the "hover technique" while using the toilet? I hate feeling like I'm using a truck stop bathroom in my own place but it kinda freaks me out.. He cleans a lot (tweaker) so I think he may have something and is trying to keep us safe.. or maybe he's just OCD.. I don't know. Do you have any helpful advice? I'd really appreciate it, it'd give me a little peace of mind.

A tweaking meth-addicted "escort" isn't really so bad. You could have wound up with a Tea Party dingbat witch like Christine O'Donnell! As for your HIV-acquisition risk, relax Max! HIV is not transmitted by casual contact, such as sharing bathrooms, toilet seats, dishes, utensils, cups, etc. You shouldn't use the same razor or toothbrush and you shouldn't have unsafe sex with tweaker-guy, but other than that you're fine, OK?

All I can do is fess up
Will daily consumption of Aloevera, amla juice and other ayurvedic medicine give false negative hiv test?