assaulted in bathroom... really really scared... begging to please help me (how can I help out and donate as well?)

Dear Dr.,

I'm a young (and proudly queer) college student. While in the bathroom, some random guy stood over the railing to look above me and spit at me several times (once in my head, and the rest towards my legs and penis area). Then, he continuously yelled "you're gonna die fag", "you're gonna die". I just sat down there shocked. He was gonna jump in, when another guy banged the door and made him run away. I reported all these events at our campus police department.

Now, I've read in you're previous discussions that blood must be present in saliva for it to be infective.

a.) the spit from the guy actually went down the head of my penis. I was shocked for a moment until someone helped me get out. I washed my hair and dried out the head of my penis. How likely is it that saliva would go into my urethra? or is that even a valid assumption to make?

b.) Does this event warrant me to test for HIV? Do I need to wait for three months or even longer like six months?

I apologize if my questions seem shallow. I've been traumatized by the experience and the added comment that I am going to die have raised fears in me. It has continuously affected my well-being. I hope you can earnestly help me.

Also, thank you for this message board. Browsing through information has been a relief and a form of education for me. More young folks should come in here. If there's any way I could help (including donating whatever I can, please let me know).

Thank you very much

It still astounds me that even at college, a place of learning, homophobia is still so present. You should report this incident to the dean of students as well as the campus police and demand that the college respond by issuing a statement about tolerance.

Regarding your HIV risk, it's nonexistent. Responding to your specific questions:

1. Nonexistent risk

2. No. HIV testing is not warranted.

Donation information for The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation can be found on the foundation's Web site at www.concertedeffort.org.

Be well. Continue to be out and proud. I stand with you!

Mommy of three... Do Not Want to Risk Boys... Please help...
Eating Disorder