Mommy of three... Do Not Want to Risk Boys... Please help...

Hello My Beloved Doctor, I hope you are doing wonderfully always. I have this question that has stuck with me for so many years now... So much so that between no longer having a desire for sex and on the extremely rare occasions that I do, I am literally, kicking my husband out to go bathe again, I strip the bed, I wash the quilts, I use alcohol to clean anywhere he may have touched after touching me with his hands, (door knobs, wall, headboard etc) because I am petrified that, when the boys jump onto the bed, they will touch somewhere "contamintated" and become ill. I know that the virus doesn't last long outside of the body, but it does for a time. I no longer have a life. I went from being a "hot" woman, to "not". It just makes having relations feel like a chore, something I just want to get over with, and while it is happening, I am already thinking, "OK. He just touched this... that... and cannot for the life of me enjoy it at all, not to mention that I just have no kind of libido. I was found to have almost no Vitamin D in my body and have since started taking it, am undetectable THANK GOD and my T-CELLS are approximately 1,700. Is there anything I can take to help with my libido and how safe is it to have sexual relations when you have your kids coming in and touching where we have touched? My husband is sick of my "phobias" he calls it, and is tired of me throwing him out of the bed as soon as "his pleasure" is over. I anxiously await your reply and hope you have a wonderful day. Much love always, Mommy of Three

Hi Mommy of Three,

I have to side with your hubby on this one. Your fears are completely unwarranted as are your post-nookie cleaning frenzies! HIV is not transmitted via casual contact! The kids are at no risk whatsoever.

Regarding your libido, the two most common causes for decreased sex drive are hormonal irregularities and psychological problems (depression, etc.). Your doctor should be able to evaluate your hormonal status as well as help with any psychological issues. Counseling may help with phobias.

Hope that helps.

Protected Vaginal and Unprotected Oral Sex
assaulted in bathroom... really really scared... begging to please help me (how can I help out and donate as well?)