Protected Vaginal and Unprotected Oral Sex

Dear Dr. Frascino,

Firstly, thank you so much for the wonderful work you have done raising awareness about HIV and easing the minds of countless individuals.

I had a lapse in judgement yesterday and visited a Thai sex worker. We had unprotected oral sex (insertive on my part) twice, and protected vaginal sex once. I was using a latex condom that remained intact after I had ejaculated and did not slip the whole time. Also, I did not have any sores or lesions in any other parts of my body. I did not notice any cold sores in the sex worker's mouth although I cannot be certain. My questions are: 1) What are my risks of contracting HIV from the above incident? 2)Should I consider PEP treatment? 3) What are the medical options I should consider?

Thank you so much for your time Dr., and thank you for making such a positive difference to the world.

JM

Hi JM,

1. Minimal to negligible

2. No, PEP is not warranted.

3. You could consider STD screening now and a single HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark.

You're welcome!

oral sex risk encounter
Mommy of three... Do Not Want to Risk Boys... Please help...