|Protected Vaginal and Unprotected Oral Sex
Oct 14, 2010
Dear Dr. Frascino,
Firstly, thank you so much for the wonderful work you have done raising awareness about HIV and easing the minds of countless individuals.
I had a lapse in judgement yesterday and visited a Thai sex worker. We had unprotected oral sex (insertive on my part) twice, and protected vaginal sex once. I was using a latex condom that remained intact after I had ejaculated and did not slip the whole time. Also, I did not have any sores or lesions in any other parts of my body. I did not notice any cold sores in the sex worker's mouth although I cannot be certain. My questions are: 1) What are my risks of contracting HIV from the above incident? 2)Should I consider PEP treatment? 3) What are the medical options I should consider?
Thank you so much for your time Dr., and thank you for making such a positive difference to the world.
| Response from Dr. Frascino
1. Minimal to negligible
2. No, PEP is not warranted.
3. You could consider STD screening now and a single HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can You Get AIDS From Oral Sex With No Protection?
- Vaginal Discharge After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- What Does The Drug Morphine Do To People With Hepatitis C?
- I Am Hiv Positive But No Symptoms
- Can I Get Hiv From Masturbation On A Toilet Seat?
- Are Fever Aches Sleepiness And No Appetite Symptoms Of Aids?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.