$$ for your thoughts? Ukranian Adventure

Hopefully this is a quick question and answer. About 22-23 days after an incident, I felt pretty ill. My entire body had muscle and joint aches. This lasted for about 2 days, maybe lingered for 3 or 4, but couldnt really tell if it was still achy or just in my mind after the second day. I can't tell if I for sure had a fever but guessing I did have a slight one as I felt warm and did have sweats a couple nights. That was it though, no other issues off the checklist. Everything was back to normal with my body for sure after day 4. Also, I had a very deep cough and my lungs have been very tender when I breathe deeply, which even made me feel nauteous at times for a couple days during this whole thing. It's day 6 now and the cough is almost gone, breathing is only slightly tender and otherwise feel great. Anyway, so because of this, the paranoia crept in. The incident 23 days prior: was on vaca in Ukraine (kiev), which is amazing, and met a girl, well, lots of girls actually, but only one that matters for this story. Long obvious story short, being in ukraine, this ended in sex. I was smart enough to wear a condom, twice actually and had a pretty great night. Anyway, the next morning I noticed a pretty red and painful hangnail/crack/whatever those thing are technically called, on my finger (didnt notice it at all earlier than that morning and not sure if it ever bled). You see where this is going i'm sure; i fingered her vagina with this finger for about 10 minutes or so the night before, before getting into the serious stuff. I'm not sure whether the hangnail was there yet, or open, but wonderance is whether the fingering is what irritated it. I got tested about a month before this incident and was negative (just routine to be responsible). Do you think my illness coupled with this fingering episode warrants getting tested again in a couple more months? Or am I just being paranoid over a coincidence in timing with my "symptoms?" (do these line up as worrisome symptoms?) Please let me know your thougths. Will def send a donation as a thank you. Hope all is well!

". . . being in Ukraine, this ended in sex." Hmm. With testimonials like that, I'll bet the tourist industry in Kiev is booming (or at least banging!).

Your HIV-acquisition risk is negligible at best. Protected sex is indeed protected, assuming the latex condoms were used properly and did not fail. Your non-bleeding "painful hangnail/crack/whatever" would not be considered a risk.

Symptoms are notoriously unreliable in predicting who is and is not HIV infected. The primary reason to consider HIV testing would be only for peace of mind. The results will undoubtedly be negative.

Thanks for your donation to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated.

Be well. Stay well.

African Trip Risks
FNAC advised by ENT & symptoms