|African Trip Risks
Oct 14, 2010
Dear Dr. Bob, I'm glad that you are doing fine. I recently visited a Sub-Saharan African country where they say HIV is very common. I was having a conversation with this lady while she was eating cookies and a small piece of cookie flew from her mouth into my eye. I looked in the mirror later and see this little piece sitting at the corner of my eye. If this woman is HIV positive is it possible to become infected from incident like this? Does it matter that I didn't wipe this thing off from my eye right away? Please answer I'm going crazy with worries. Thank You so much.
| Response from Dr. Frascino
HIV transmission via flying cookie? Nope, not even in sub-Saharan Africa! Your HIV-transmission risk is nonexistent!
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Why Does Uganda Have Lower Rates Of Hiv/aids Infections When Compared To Other Sub-saharan African Countries?
- Itchy Rash After Receptive Anal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Testicles After Touching Used Condom Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Tongue After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.