Porn follow up can I woooo hooo...please make it official

Dr. Bob,

Did my 12 week (84 days) rapid blood test today and it is neg. Is this conclusive? Can I let out a big W*********!!!???

As for Tooheys, I have had my share and agree that could be the reason. I was a VB fan myself.

1 last questions? Do you see any need to test out to 6 months?

Thanks a million, you are great. I have leared a heap of information from you and others who have posted. If I can share one bit of information to others who are readin it is "symptoms are not a good indicator, trust your tests....

Best, Not so scared boy anymore

Hey Not-So-Scared-Boy-Anymore,

Yep! WOO-de-frickin-HOO!!!

No additional HIV tests are warranted.

Be well. Stay well. I'll down a VB while toasting your good health.

Cheers!

Porn 11 week and Australia Oct 11, 2010

Dr. Bob,

Good on ya mate, Today was week 11 and tested neg with rapid oral test...pretty happy and excited. Think I can make it one more week. That Karma you send is amazing.

As for Australia I agree neither one are good exports and yes a funnel web spider is not something I would like to encounter, nor a red belly black snake for that matter.

Can you answer 2 questions for me? 1)where did the extra "I" come from in aluminum? Can't figure that one out. 2) Why do they put beet root on everything. A big mac should not come with beet root.

Hope you enjoy your trip, I love Sydney, Darling harbor is amazing.

Hope my 12 week come out ok!!!Will be sending one final donation. Thanks,

SB

Hi SB,

Yeah, a burger with beet root wrapped in "aluminium" foil is indeed difficult to explain. Perhaps it relates to the toxic effects of too many tins of Tooheys?

I'm confident you'll soon be WOO-HOO-ing like a banshee in heat making more noise than a talented aborigine playing a didgeridoo!

She'll be apples mate!

porn star 10 week neg and Australia Oct 4, 2010

Dr. B,

Thanks for your support. Did my 10 week test via rapid oral and came back negetive. From what I gather this is great news. Question about 12 week vs 90 days. Does it matter? Do 10 week results ever change?

Thanks, I was reading about how you are going back to Oz. I lived there for 2 years outside of Cairns. Best time of my young life, I worked on a snorkel boat in the reef. Where are you visiting this time? Are you a fan of Vegemite? Bundeberg Rum?

anyway, thank you for all your support. Should I start to practice?

S.B

Hey S.B.,

Whether it's twelve weeks or 90 days makes no difference. The immune system doesn't really care. A negative test prior to three months can be considered encouraging, but is not definitive or convulsive. That said, it's worth noting that the majority of HIV-infected folks will have detectable levels of anti-HIV antibodies in their blood within four to six weeks from the date of exposure/infection.

Regarding the land down under, it's one of my favorite travel destinations. I've been to Cairns a number of times. This trip focuses on New Zealand, Tasmania, Melbourne and Sydney. Doubt I'll get up to the reef this time around.

Vegemite and Bundeberge Rum are not two of Australia's finest exports, in my opinion. However I do prefer them to, say, funnel web spiders.

Should you start practicing your WOO-HOO? Absofrickenlutely Mate. She'll be apples.

G'day,

porn star follow up Sep 15, 2010

No need to post. I just wanted to clarify that my donations were from the heart. After being on this site and seeing the compassion, humor and wit you show others, I felt there was no better organization to donate too. I can tell you that you will see others over the years. I find what you do to be remarkably inspiring and for that I will provide some support as often as I can.

Keep up the good work; its nice to see such great people in the world. I am working diligently on my Woo-Hoo.

Many thanks for your very kind comments! I'm doubling my dose of good-luck karma coming your way. I'd suggest you begin practicing how to WOO-HOO like a banshee in heat!

Be well! Good luck.

Donated twice still no post...Kind of Hurt Sep 14, 2010 Dr.B,

I know you are a busy man but I have sent many questions none answered. I do bet you get a lot daily.

Here are my questions, hope you can help. After a potential exposure (medium risk) unprotected vaginal, short time period with a girl who may be a porn star/escort. I had symptoms come on at 15 days (swollen lymph nodes, loss of appetite,weight loss, muscle and joint pain,and elevated liver enzymes. So I am totally scared.

I have had a 13 and 28 day hiv-1 DNA PCR both Neg. I have had a 13, 23, 28, 42 and 45 day HIV1/2 antibody test. All have come back negetive.

1) If these symptoms were due to hiv woudl the antibody tests be positive by now?

2) How accurate is a combo 28 day hiv dna pcr and antibody test?

any other suggestions. I am totally scared and need some guidance. I will continue to donate, you do great things.

Scared Boy

Hello Scared Boy,

1. Most likely yes, and the qualitative DNA PCR would be detectable as well.

2. Difficult to say, because the DNA PCR is not FDA approved for diagnostic testing. Most (but not all) HIVers will have detectable levels of anti-HIV antibodies in their blood within four to six weeks following infection. The HIV DNA PCR is usually detectable well before HIV antibodies are.

As for suggestions:

1. Never place yourself at risk for HIV (or other STDs) by having unprotected sex again.

2. When trying to decide if the gal you're schtupping is as porn star, merely check her DVD collection, and if you see her name plastered over titles like "For Your Thighs Only" or "Lawrence of a Labia," you'll know!

3. The escort question is even easier to determine. If she asks for a Ben Franklin when you're finished popping your cork, you'll know.

4. As for your anxiety, I'd suggest you spend some time reading through the wealth of information on the site and the testimonials in the archives of this forum. You should find the information both enlightening and encouraging.

Finally, thanks for your support of The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated, but please note my work here on The Body is not related to my foundation. My advice here is free and available to all, whether or not they make a charitable contribution. Donations should only be made in the spirit of true generosity and compassion, not as an incentive for me to respond to a particular question, OK?

Good luck with your upcoming definitive HIV tests. The odds are now astronomically in your favor that you will continue to test HIV negative. I'm sending my good-luck karma that that will indeed be the case.

Question for Doc Frascino
Neg top - Poz bottom