Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Viruses in lubricant-is it possible
Oct 11, 2010

Hello Dr. frascino ! I m new on this site, and heard about you from some friends of me. Now, i have a question for you. I m living in München(Germany) I visited a transsexual sex worker (from Milano or Barcelona, don t know,) , i was bottom, she used lubricant. My friend told me , that there are cases in which a prostitute keep sperm in lube, and viruses can survive and can be transmited to everyone. Now, i m scared-i always had safer sex, but i did not think about this possibility. Doc, please give me your advice-i need it. What should i do ? I told myself, it can not be possible, but i m scared.

Send you in return a good donation and hope you are doing well with your research !!

ALL THE BEST

Max

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

Relax Max! Your fears about tainted lubricants are unwarranted, assuming latex condoms were used properly and did not fail. First of all, it would be unlikely your tranny was a psychotically deranged psycho-killer hellbent on murdering her clients with HIV-infected lube! Second, HIV does not survive very long at all outside the body; this includes "sperm in lube."

Thanks for your donation to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated.

Continue to play safe to stay safe.

Be well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
DNA PCR 30 Days after PEP
Next
HIV Origin

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.