transexual encounter.....stressed to the max!!

Hi Dr Bob

I have already been given the information that my risk from the encounter was virtually zero but I wanted a second qualified opinion and I hoped you might be able to shed some light.

I am from New Zealand and am a 30 year old male. Last Thursday, I met with a 24 year old transexual. Male to female (pre-operative). I asked her hiv status as soon as i arrived. She told me she was negative and showed me evidence from a negative test in March.

My exposures are threefold:

1) kissing

2) Oral without a condom. I was the insertive partner only.

3) Protected anal sex. I was the insertive partner only. I checked the condom afterwards for any sort of damage. It was intact.

I would like for you to analyse these risks and let me know how high my risks are given that transexuals probably have a higher likelihood of having hiv.

My last negative hiv test was in early August and this is the only risky behaviour I have participated in since.

I eagerly await your answer. Thank you so much for your time! I really appreciate the time you guys take to answer questions and your forum is very informative.

See below.

First transgender encounter Sep 28, 2010

I am a 30 year old, heterosexual male from New Zealand.

Yesterday, I met with a transgender Ihad been chatting to online. They were a pre-operative male to female TG. She assured me that she was clean and hiv free. She was from the phillipines and has been in NZ for a year. She showed me an hiv test result from mid March this year which was negative. However that is 6 months ago.

She performed oral sex on me ( I was the insertive partner). We then had anal sex with a condom (I was insertive partner). The condom was intact after anal and was still properly on.

i am pretty stressed because of the higher rate of hiv amongst transexuals. Can you help? Did I put myself at significant risk??

I will flick a few New Zealand dollars to your cause. Thankss= in advance!!

Hello Kiwi,

A negative HIV test from six months ago merely indicates a person didn't have HIV then. It means nothing now. Even if he/she slapped a lie detector on his/her soon-to-be-gone tallywhacker, I would't believe him/her. We must always assume our sexual partners could be positively charged and therefore take all the necessary precautions to prevent possible transmission of the virus. You did well to use condoms for anal sex. BRAVO! Unprotected insertive oral sex carries only a very slight risk for HIV transmission. A single HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark will provide a definitive result. The odds remain all in your favor that you did not acquire the virus from your trannyshacking sexperience.

Thanks for the New Zealand dollars to promote the mission of The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). They are warmly appreciated. In return I'm sending my good-luck karma that you are now and will always be HIV free. By the way, I'm heading to New Zealand in February.

Be well. Good luck.

one in a million.
RE) I think this can help others/me