Overdose or normal dosage?

I have an HIV+ partner and we recently had sex and by a condom breaking I was exposed to the virus. We have been together two years and he became positive a aprox. a year prior to that. I managed to get treatment and medication about 12 hours after the exposure. At the emergency room they prescribed me to take 6 Kaletra tablets twice daily and one Truvada tablet daily. On that dosage I threw up constantly, I could barely eat for four days and thought I was going to die. When I return to a different doctor's office for a follow-up they told me that that was not correct and to change from six twice a day to two twice a day. With the new dosage I have no side effects other than occasional diarrhea. This worries me because with the higher dosage I thought that I was not going to be able to continue the medication like most do not but now it's like i'm not taking any medication. This may sound like a weird question, but the reason why I ask is because I go to military doctor's and they're not always the most informed when it comes to these situations. I just looking for some sort of peace of mind on the matter. What do you think?

Assuming you have the 200/50 mg tablet formulation of Kaletra, the proper dosage would be two tablets taken twice daily. Truvada (200 mg of emtricitabine plus 300 mg of tenofovir disoproxil fumate) is dosed one tablet per day.

I would suggest you file a complaint with the emergency room that prescribed the incorrect dosage of Kaletra!

Good luck!

Defining AIDS (HIV VERSUS AIDS DIAGNOSIS DEFINITION, 2010)
RE:Infected after "protected" hand-job/boob-job, fatigued and suicidal...help me dr.bob!