condom break on pep

i never had bareback sex before so i am very nervous about my situation. i am a gay male 39 years old. i had sex with an unknown male i met on line, i was the top. i topped for at least 15 mins and came inside him. when i pulled out i noticed the condom broke. prior to sex i asked him if he was neg , poz, or dunno. he said he was neg (i am neg also). i showered right away. i pushed him to get a rapid hiv test with me and about 4 hours later (after we had sex) we got tested, both results were neg. i contacted my doctor and told him what occurred. the dr still wanted me to go on pep, so i did. i was put on truvada for 28 days(started pep about 8hrs after the sex). dr is worried about the window period of the hiv test that he may be infected couple of weeks prior to the test. the btm guy claims the last time he had sex without a condom was around 3 months prior to us having sex. do you thing i should stop taking pep (i am on day 8)? being the top and all the other info i told you , how would you category my risk of being infected? if i get tested at the 6 week mark to ease my mind will it total not be accurate cuz i took pep? any other input would be greatly appreciated!

PEP would not be routinely recommended for the scenario you describe. Yes, I would advise you stop. Regarding testing, I would advise you wait for the three-month mark, as HIV-antibody tests taken prior to this are not considered to be conclusive. Should you decide to continue with PEP, the guidelines recommend testing at six weeks, three months and six months from the date of exposure.

I would categorize your HIV-acquisition risk as remote.

Blood Donation
ACU CHECK ( we dont know if he is positive but she is) and Frank Rich