Please please answer fast pl.

I got exposed to one of my boyfriend with unknown status in April last week in the form of a tongue to tongue kiss.Thereafter out of anxiety i took 4 QUALITATIVE DNA PCRs upto Sept Last week and also ELISA Tests.Fortunately all are normal.I am still confused and feel that may be THE DNA PCR is not able pick up the infection due to low VL as it happens in ELITE CONTROLLERS .I beg to ask you as to waht happens in ELITE CONTROLLERS in the days immediate after exposure.Are they able to control the VL to too low level right within 3 months after exposure ? Whats the Window period for them ?? Whats the probablility of VL not being detectible in the first 6 months .Do i need further tests ?? pl pl reply concretly .Donation done pl.

You are focusing on the wrong test for diagnostic purposes. HIV DNA PCR is not FDA approved for diagnosing HIV. HIV-antibody tests, such as ELISA tests, are!

Your HIV-acquisition risk (tongue-to-tongue kiss with a boyfriend of unknown status) is essentially nonexistent. HIV testing is not warranted. If you had had a potential exposure, such as unsafe sex or sharing intravenous needles, an HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark would be recommended. Your four negative qualitative HIV DNA PCR tests and ELISA tests out to five to six months are definitive, conclusive, excessive and totally unnecessary.

Regarding ELITE CONTROLLERS, this is a very tiny group of HIVers and consequently we have only limited information on what happens with them immediately after infection. However, it's important to note that even if the viral load is controlled in these folks, they still make anti-HIV antibodies and test HIV positive on ELISA tests. So your fears are unwarranted on many different levels. Stop worrying. Thanks for your support of The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org).

Have you heard of Dr. Sebi? ("DR." SEBI IS A QUACK, 2010)
Blood Donation