Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

im not sure if its herpes
Apr 29, 2001

I have only had sex with my ex girlfriend 4 times in the relationship. We've done oral many times and i never had never noticed these tiny bumps on my penis until one day after we had intercourse(with a condom). I look at other pics on the net and they look way too small to be herpes in my opinion but i could be wrong. The day we had intercourse she gave me oral for quiet a while which made me sore. Im wondering if the bumps are from getting oral for too long or is it from maybe having an alergic reaction to the condom which i think was laytex. (spermicidal). They dont harden or crust or anything they're just tiny bumps and there. I dont think i had a fever or anything else. And when the soreness left i dont think it came back. Or could i have herpes? I dont remember her having anything on her mouth, and we have had oral before that night many times. It was just after that night i noticed. Help me out here!

Response from Mr. Kull

It is possible that these bumps you are noticing are directly related to irritation from the sexual activity you are having (vigorous activity, detergents/spermicides on the condom), but ultimately it is impossible to diagnose your symptoms over the internet. If the symptoms are not characteristic of herpes sores--painful, fluid filled blisters that break open and scab over--then you probably don't have herpes.

Pay attention to when you get these bumps and try to notice any patterns. Less vigorous activity, using different kinds of condoms without spermicides, or other factors may make a difference. If the symptoms continue or get worse, see a doctor.

RMK

Previous
brief oral encounter
Next
cocaine

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.