Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

First transgender encounter
Sep 28, 2010

I am a 30 year old, heterosexual male from New Zealand.

Yesterday, I met with a transgender Ihad been chatting to online. They were a pre-operative male to female TG. She assured me that she was clean and hiv free. She was from the phillipines and has been in NZ for a year. She showed me an hiv test result from mid March this year which was negative. However that is 6 months ago.

She performed oral sex on me ( I was the insertive partner). We then had anal sex with a condom (I was insertive partner). The condom was intact after anal and was still properly on.

i am pretty stressed because of the higher rate of hiv amongst transexuals. Can you help? Did I put myself at significant risk??

I will flick a few New Zealand dollars to your cause. Thankss= in advance!!

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Kiwi,

A negative HIV test from six months ago merely indicates a person didn't have HIV then. It means nothing now. Even if he/she slapped a lie detector on his/her soon-to-be-gone tallywhacker, I would't believe him/her. We must always assume our sexual partners could be positively charged and therefore take all the necessary precautions to prevent possible transmission of the virus. You did well to use condoms for anal sex. BRAVO! Unprotected insertive oral sex carries only a very slight risk for HIV transmission. A single HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark will provide a definitive result. The odds remain all in your favor that you did not acquire the virus from your trannyshacking sexperience.

Thanks for the New Zealand dollars to promote the mission of The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). They are warmly appreciated. In return I'm sending my good-luck karma that you are now and will always be HIV free. By the way, I'm heading to New Zealand in February.

Be well. Good luck.

Dr. Bob

Previous
sickle cell and HIV
Next
my dear wife is hiv+

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.