sickle cell and HIV
Sep 28, 2010
Hello, I was just wondering if HIV shows up in the sickle cell test? Thank you!
Response from Dr. Frascino
Nope. Sickle cell tests can diagnosis sickle cell disease. Only HIV specific tests can diagnose HIV disease.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Is The Normal Viral Load For An Hiv-positive Person?
- What Are The Very First Symptoms Of Aids And When Do They Appear?
- Peripheral Neuropathy And Candidiasis
- Can Yeast Infection Be Mistaken For Genital Warts?
- Will A Baby Have Herpes If The Mother Has It?
- What Does Herpes On The Tounge Look Like?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.